Ok.. here we are again and it’s been awhile. No matter what my intentions are blogging seems to fall by the wayside lately.
It may not seem like it but I have done stuff… quilts and gifts with a lot of cross stitch in between! I shall have to beg for photos to show them off to you (soon).
I always end up updating by book list this time of year and am quite amazed, 2015 I read 58 books. This year… 132! Although to be fair I can put a lot of that down to the Kindle I received for my birthday.
So… what’s on the agenda for 2017?
For starters I’m breaking open this Kikki K Vanskapp Planner I’ve had for awhile now and actually using it. The only downside is I got the large version so can’t carry it around with me… But I have a lot going on next yearso I need be more organised!
South West Modern Quilt Guild: This is a new guild starting in a couple of weeks (so excited). With monthly meetings and lots going on it should be a lot of fun! The only downside is that it will involve a bit of travel as it’s in Wellington (Somerset)and I’m coming from Cornwall… If anyone is interested there are still some spaces left just hop on over to the Instagram account here.
South West Stitchers: I’ll still be going along to this in the new place in Honiton although 2 of the 3 meetings clash with the guild.
Supernatural Convention (non craft related): The only meeting of the MQG I’ll miss as both myself and sister are heading up to Blackpool for this in May (eeek!!!). It’s also over my birthday so hopefully be a good time 🙂 For those who are thinking wtf it’s Supernatural the tv show…
Simply Solids Retreat: waiting on dates but fingers crossed!
As I like to dabble in a lot… I’ve decided this year will be more selfish crafting again especially since I want to crack crochet/knitting! I’ve purposedly ignored all new swaps and Stitch/Quilt Alongs as I’ve not even finished the ones started this year yet….
- Finished 2016 Pumpkin Sampler Cross Stitch (so close working on the last 2 months)
- 2016 Lucy Boston EPP quilt by SewandQuilt (embarrassingly still in Month 1!)
- Harry Potter Cushion Cross Stitch Sampler (am somewhere in month 6…)
- Carolyn Friedlander Simply Solids Collection Quilt (erm not even looked at…)
- SewSampler QAL organised by the Sewing Directory (half way through)
Things in general…
- Wonky Star Cat Quilt for a friend
- Get this curved sailboat quilt out of my head and onto fabric (been so long lost the original template
- Cinderella Cross Stitch (got the pattern/supplies just need to start)
- Chunky Cross Stitch Cushions- finish the tea one and start hedgehog
- Dinosaur Quilt and Cushion for Matthew
- Liberty and AGF Solid QST quilt
- Northern Lights Quilt for me (really really need a quilt for me I don’t have one! unless 2 tablecloths count…)
- Fox Rug Kit- to try
Life in general…
- Get back into a bi-weekly blogging habit
- Improve on my healthy lifestyle and experimenting in kitchen (refined sugar free and slowly less gluten/grains and incorporate fitness into morning routine)
- Share new recipes
- Actually use the Overlocker bought this week 🙂
- Use my Patisserie Mixer at least once a month…
- Practice new crafts (knitting/crochet etc)
- Design and distribute own patterns
- Grow my little business (finally)
- Make sure keep time to myself… reading… games etc
- Keep in touch and strengthen friendships whereever people may be