I can’t almost believe it is 2017 let alone the start of a new Finish-A-Long year 🙂 I’m hoping to actually get on more with stuff this year as I’m trying to be more organised and use my planner! It’s just a shame my organisational skills does not extend to taking photos during the day light! Without further ado here is what I’ve decided from my lists to enter this quarter…
- Christmas Tablecloth… yes the “C” word but I am intended to do something every month or two and first up is to finish the handquilting and binding on this. Soo close!
- Scarf… I picked this up in Trago last week and thought it be a pretty scarf and to break me in on my new overlocker! If anyone has any overlocker tips or projects let me know 🙂
- Noah’s Ark Embroidery… yes this is still here and hardly any progress. one day!
- Wonky Stars Quilt… I had meant to give this as a christmas present.. but think it be a make you smile gift instead!
- Gnome Place Like Home Cross Stitch… erm I think I intended this to be a gift for Christmas 2015
- South West Modern Quilt Guild Lanyard for the swap at the first meeting!
- Dinosaur Cushion… the last cushion I made Matthew for his chair has been squished six ways to sunday and long overdue for another!
- Knitted animal hat… I must be brave. I must be brave and jump in on this!
- Lacy Zip Pouch.. just needs the zip attaching and the final stitchdown.
So that’s it… I think manageable for this quarter right? Of course I have more things working on some secret, some now and some impulse.
What are you working on/hoping to do? I’m enjoying the last of my sunday before Sherlock pops on as it’s back to work tomorrow after a two week break. (Where did that time go?!)
Posted by quirkyhannah on January 8, 2017
It’s been awhile since I participated in Le Challenge and I kept meaning to try and finish something for each month :O Never happened though but this month’s theme is round and I have a few finishes this month that fits that!
I stitched this little guy up last night- isn’t he soooooooooo cute? Those who have been around awhile know I absolutely love anything woodland related 😀 And the words… well that’s me or was especially on Friday afternoon at work! Struggling with a very bad cold/head thing and expected to pull rabbits out of the hat and such like…..
The pattern is by the lovely Jenny of NerdyMcSticherson who has a lovely Etsy shop full of patterns.
Now obviously it’s in a round hoop… for reference of size the hoop is 4″. I’m really wanting to make a bigger one with a floral border as pastelly flowers go with everything right??
Linking up to this month’s Le Challenge– feel free to go check out everyone’s interpretation of the theme.
Posted by quirkyhannah on February 14, 2016
So… awhile back you might have noticed I started dabbling in another craft… cross stitching!
Once I’ve got the basics it’s snowballed and here are some of what I’ve been working on…………
One thing I’m really proud of is the Frosted Pumpkin Tea Time pattern! It’s still here waiting to be posted off as a present… oh dear!
Isn’t it amazing? Although next time I won’t choose as white an aida!
I’m also doing some stich-a-longs…. this one is the #cloudsfactoryharrypotter hosted by NerdyMcStitcherson over on IG. I’m also planning to do the 2015 and 2016 Frosted Pumpkin ones too 🙂 Just waiting on the pattern and kit for Let’s Go On An Adventure.
Tonight it’s Gotham so guess best crack on and do some more work! Got a deadline of just under a week to finish another cross stitch…. seems I do like a bit of pressure!
Posted by quirkyhannah on January 24, 2016
So.. it’s safe to say that it’s a bit of an understatement I was appalling bad at finishing things last year or even sticking to my list!
The following is what I’m hoping to attain over the next 3 months crossing all sorts of crafts 🙂
Starting off with swap commitments…
- Thimbleblossoms Mini Quilt Swap- I’m making this beauty 🙂
- Supernatural Craft Swap- a pocket pouch with devils trap embroidery, a Castiel and Dean cross stitch and something that’s a bit of a surprise!
- Damnbigheroes (a Firefly swap)Since the above photo, a quote has been added just need some more finishing touches then it’s on to a word embroidery (wait and see) and something with special firefly fabric 🙂
- Yup still this quilt for my niece who turns two in April….. just gotta add a border, baste, quilt and bind.
- Care Bear for my neice
- Gnome Cross Stitch for a birthday early Feb
- Milk, Flour and Sugar baby quiltI do have a lot more on my list too, like the Farmers Wife 1930s QAL, Geeky Stitching Club, the Clouds Factory Harry Potter Sampler QAL, the Frosted Pumpkin 2015, AND 2016 stitcheries etc etc. Guess I better get a move on!
Posted by quirkyhannah on January 16, 2016